Monday, August 22, 2011

Corporate Subsidy Revisited

Hello,
As if on cue, this story was in the news today; http://news.yahoo.com/usa-becomes-food-stamp-nation-sustainable-160645036.html

"It's kind of sad that even though I'm working that I need to have government assistance. I have asked them to please put me on full-time so I can have benefits," said the 32-year-old.

"This becomes an implicit subsidy for low-wage jobs and in terms of incentives for higher wage job creation that really is not a good thing,

"It's a good thing that the government helps, but if employers paid enough and gave enough hours, then we wouldn't need to be on food stamps

The above quotes are from the referenced article.  Now go back and read the blog entry titled "Government Subsidized Corporate Profit".  They don't need to cut the assistance program, they need to make the corporations pay a living wage so the employees are no longer eligible for public assistance.
Joe



No comments:

Post a Comment